Some useful tips either for Finnish or infra sauna:
- Always have a shower and dry yourself - shower is needed to clear the skin pores, dryness is necessary not to influence greatly the sauna humidity.
- Remove jewelry – hot jewelry may cause our skin burn
- The last meal should be 1.5 – 2 hours before taking a sauna, since digestion overburdens the body, or if someone goes through this intensive experience with empty stomach, it can cause even an indisposition due to the low blood-sugar level.
- Drinking alcohol is not recommended before and during taking a sauna.
Taking Sauna in a traditional sauna:
- In the cabin we should sit or lie down to relax for 5-15 minutes
- According to the local etiquette we should use the sauna without swimsuit and cover the intimate parts of our body with a sauna sheet, because we are not alone in the bath
- Take care not to contact our body with the sauna bench
- Sometimes spray water on the sauna stones –we can put some drops of aromatic oil in the water
- After the sauna cool yourself down with a shower (cold water) in order to lose some of the internal heat and rest for a few minutes on a deck chair
- Repeat the above process 3-4 times - experts in taking saunas can repeat it up to 5 times
- Finally, take a shower with lukewarm water gradually getting cold
- Afterwards, relax in the open air if it is possible
- Take care of hydration
- Drink a lot of fluids before taking sauna, do not do it while taking sauna.
Taking sauna in infra sauna:
- Drink approximately half a liter of non-carbonated mineral water half an hour before taking sauna
- The cabin temperature is 30-60 ° C so we can comfortably relax for 30-40 minutes
- After taking sauna repeatedly drink some a glasses of non-carbonated mineral water to supplement the sweated fluid.
- Finally, gradually cool our body starting with to lukewarm water, otherwise the toxins got out to the skin can get back into the body!
- It is worth to use the infra sauna as a cure: for two to three weeks, but max. up to a month for at least half an hour a per day. This time will be enough for leaving most of the toxins from the body, getting rid of a few plus kilogramms and our skin can be more tight.
- In the first week of the cure we can experience acne appearance, headaches - these indicate the onset of a detoxification process. From the second week, these symptoms disappear and we can feel ourselves more fresh.
- It is important that during the course of treatment we should consume 2.5-3 liters of fluid a day and take care of supplementing the lost vitamins and minerals.